When God tells us to do something and we know it's the right thing to do, why is it so hard when we want to do something else? Are we not lesser than God? Does God not have the greater picture of what's going on? Doesn't He want what's best for us?
Yesterday, I found out that I was not accepted into the Navy financial Management Program. Finally, after months of the process and weeks of waiting I get the bad news... Oh but God is good.
Yesterday before I found out I wasn't accepted into the program I had lunch with a very friendly, and outgoing National leader of the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Her name is Marilou and she wanted to get to know me and hear my plans for the future. She also, just wanted to help me out and give me some advice.
So, we're talking and I'm letting her know what's going on with my situation and she becomes my inside ticket to FCA. She tells me about several opening in FCA and how to handle the whole fun raising situation. She gives me several people's numbers to get in contact with for training and job opportunities.
It's just funny how God prepared my heart to receive the information about not getting into the Navy program by opening another opportunity that He wants me to take. It's like my mom use to say to me: when God closes a door He opens a window. And I think that window is the window of opportunity and blossoming growth that God wants me to take.
I know being young and in this position isn't going to be easy, but with the Lord on my side I can do anything. Greater is He that is in me than who is of the world. I will have a place and do what God has laid out for me as long as I continue to use God's gifts for His Glory. Now that's throwing spears at life.
Continue to keep me in your prayers and let me know what you think, or any other prayer requests that are known to you. Thanks again for reading and God be with you.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Pictures
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment