Pictures

Sunday, January 31, 2010

First things first... with this blog thing anyway

Hi. I'm Michelle Thompson.
If you have already read my "about me" you would know that I'm a stickchucker. I throw the Javelin for the University of Georgia. I've graduated with a degree in Family Financial Planning. I'm in my last season here at Georgia and I've had a great amount of success already... Whatever!... blah, blah, blah...

I'm here to give it to you "real" in my day to day life. I'm here at Georgia and man I'm kinda fed up with this whole training thing and hearing other people in their blogs talk about what they dream about for next season or say to themselves! Please... without getting to see any actual results that bologna is nothing... but bologna. Don't get me wrong! I do dream and I have goals, but I'm not out to beat any specific person!... or worship some crazy trophy! I'm here to get better and be the best I can be... if I happen to beat a few people and win a few trophies along the way that's fine with me, but not my ultimate goal. I'm just ready for another Track Season!!!.... and I'm being honest! I'm trying not to be too excited for the season, since it's still like a month and a half away, but I'm ready. I just know I'm a heck of a lot stronger and I'm chuckin' this spear thing pretty far these days, but I really just can't wait to start hitting the runway and measuring what's out there.

It might be this whole Indoor Track season. It's starting off to a good start with the team and my roommate Nicole gets all excited for her meets, which in turn gets me excited. Nicole is only in her second year in the "USA" (as she says it). She's from Slovakia and boy can that chick throw a hammer, and a weight!... Oh, it's great having her as a roommate. We have fun times together. I think as this blog goes on you'll hear plenty about Nicole as well as all the other throwers here at UGA.

Well, it's kinda late now and I've got church tomorrow so I'll continue this later, but here's a few pics of our banquet in the fall:

Nicole and I

Brano, Nicole and I

No comments:

Post a Comment