Pictures

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Why is it that at this age, everyone just assumes that graduating college students should know what they want from their lives and what path is right to choose? I just don't get it. A few years ago our parents would question every move we would make, yet now suddenly a few years later we're responsible to make major life decisions. Yet, truthfully we've all been making as many mistakes as we possibly could get away with all college life-long.

So how do we get away from this self-destructing behavior and make the right decisions? Well, I guess I'm not the one to ask since I am a recent college grad in exactly that situation.

I've been in waiting mode forever now... Well not really, but that's what is seems like. I'm waiting to hear from this job I'm really looking forward to and it would be a great fit for me. I applied in Late January and have gone through the whole screening and interview process. The waiting is killing me!!! I just kinda want to know what I'm going to do with my life. Plus, I've got a few other things that I need to decide now that might effect the rest of my life.

I've been presented with an opportunity to throw at our conference meet [a stand throw of course], but to throw none the less. I'm contemplating what I should do. I recently found out that the whole "medical red shirt" is pretty much out the window. So it would be my last chance to compete as a college athlete and a chance to be there to root my teammates on. Yet, on the other hand, its a risk! Who knows what could happen? I would be a little over 8 weeks out from surgery, which can still be a very dangerous period. So, what to do?

Now, know that me stand throwing would place in the top 5 at SECs and this is counting on girls hitting their PRs. I could even possibly place in the top three and go to regionals. Yet, is it worth it?

I can't go through the pain of having to go through surgery again if something were to happen, yet I would wear a hard core brace to prevent that from happening.

Oh woe is me... I need to make a decision. I have until Monday morning to decide. What to do? What to do?

God is on my mind and I'm asking for the right thing to do. Please pray for me and if you have any ideas let me know. Thanks.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

2 comments:

  1. "So how do we get away from this self-destructing behavior and make the right decisions?"
    Good point! We grow up later than people 100 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some would say this is a good thing, but what if maturity continues to be delayed? Would we have time to recognize and know God for who He really is? We only have a limited time on this earth. Are we valuing every moment correctly?

    ReplyDelete