Pictures

Thursday, February 18, 2010

30 Days and Counting...

Today was another day with the outdoor season on the horizon. I got to watch a good friend of mine and a great Spear thrower Chris Hill, also known as Chris Hillbilly, throw today. He was in Athens for a few days visiting and training with our coach, Don Babbitt. He has such a natural talent and feel for the darn thing. I love just being able to watch him and see how smooth and clean he throws. Not, like everything is perfect or that he's throwing extremely far right now, but it's always nice to see how he's practicing and just doing overall.

Chris has become my brother! He's my brother in Christ and just has become someone that I care about and really love as a person. It was great this week to catch up with him and meet his fiance. I miss having that guy around. His Louisiana nature is always very calming and a joy to joke about. I can't wait to go and visit, down in the Bayou... whatever that mean. lol

I also got a chance to do a little fine tuning on my discus technique today... which means that I actually threw discus before outdoor season starts. lol My roommate Nicole got a few pics. So here they are...


Stretching and lacing up for some Good Ole Discus!











Izzy








Petr (Honey Bear) He also happens to look like a fire cracker today! :D








Eve











Rachel











Me











Coach Babbitt


Absorbing the knowledge of Coach Babbitt

No comments:

Post a Comment