Pictures

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Great thrower..."

So, today is just another old stinky day in classes. I don't know what it is, but when you have no focus for your classes it kinda makes school way less stressful and almost fun... lol It might be just me. Anyway, since I graduated in December I've been taking a few Graduate courses, an easy computer class and volunteering to file people's income taxes as class credit. It's pretty cool. So classes are kinda easy and leave me with a lot of thoughts, which is cool because it allows me to really enjoy what's going on in my life and where I want to go with it.

Yesterday, I got a call from my old coach, Coach Thiss, from Cuyamaca, my Junior College I attended before coming to Georgia, and we had a great talk. He was really just checking on me to see if I'm freaking myself out with my whole senior year and all. So, it was good to be able to hear him say that he was glad to hear how I was taking this season.

I just explained to him how I didn't want to rush anything. Just take training as it is and not get too excited before the season starts. That this is the season to do something and I want to enjoy everything about it and not rush through it. I know you never get your last college season back and I just want to enjoy every moment that I can. He then said something that everyone would want to hear from someone they really respect. He said that my mind frame was exactly what I needed to be thinking about and that I really am a great thrower. :) Oh, that always feels good. Especially from someone you know that cares about you, not as just an athlete but as a successful person also.

So... to change the subject... lol This week of training happens to be an off week for us, throwers here at UGA. Meaning we lay easy on our weight lifting and do testing on our bodies to see where we are compared to other off weeks earlier in the training periods. So yesterday we measured our vertical leap.

Oh man, do i suck at testing! lol I've never been all that good at any of the testing things that we do, but I mostly think it's because it's always with things we hardly do and I'm kinda a kinesthetic learner. Yet, I will say that I do always improve. Anyway, now that I've sold myself short to everyone. I'll tell you how it went.

It's always kinda fun just watch everyone and there style of jumping and sometimes falling, but this week was so funny. This new freshmen on our team, named Petr, whose from Czech Republic, was so funny! He was mentioned by Israel, another member on our team, to look like a black bear reaching for Honey, while he was jumping in the vertical testing. :D Oh man, he did look so funny. I wish I would have had a camera or something. I promise I'm going to start taking pics and video for this blog. Petr with his lil round belly trying to jump was just so hilarious. He never had measured his vertical before and had no clue how to even jump and push his momentum upward. Geeze, it was too funny. I'll post a pic of Petr on here just so you can see what he looks like. :D

As, for everyone else it was pretty good. On the girls side, everyone improved their numbers. I don't know what was up with our guys. They all didn't improve. I guess it wasn't a jumping day for them. I know everyone probably wants to hear my vert, so here it is: a sorry 21 1/2 inches. To me it doesn't really matter because I know as long as it keeps improving and I'm still chuckin' spears far, that's what really matters.

Well, this is getting long and it's getting late. Again, if you have any questions or want to put your two cents in add a comment. Good night and may God Bless you.

Oh yeah, so here's Petr:

Eat, Honey Bear, Eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment