Pictures

Monday, February 22, 2010

It is what it is...

Hahahahaha... why do I laugh?...I just found out that my knee is officially destroyed by the results of my MRI. Yet, what leaves my mouth is laughter while slow tears run down my face.

After the lovely Javelin throwing session on Friday where my knee happened to explode on me, I had an MRI scheduled for today. I was kinda excited because I've never had an MRI and my knee was starting to look better even from just Friday. I still had a good range of motion and thought my knee would end up fine.

Yet, to my surprise my knee is nowhere from fine. It has been destroyed in almost every way possible. My trainer approached me after returning from the MRI and speaking to the head trainer in charge. He said the I had ruptured my ACL, torn my MCL, even ripped my medial meniscus. I was so surprised.

I was almost in shock! The only thing I could think about was wow is everything going to be different. This is suppose to be my senior season and all my practices have been going so well. Now it's like I have to re-think everything. I couldn't help but laugh. I almost felt insane... I was there being told news that would kill most people and I was laughing soo hard! Tears streaming down my face, but the Joy of the Lord was still there. I know that my plans aren't always God's plans and it was like God was saying hey Michelle that's not going to happen quite yet.

I was so lucky to have one of my close friends Summer Nelson step into the training room right when I was being told the news. I swear God is always there! Anyway, Summer and I just left and went and talked, and just realized what God has in store is better than anything I could ever do on my own. Plus, I have no reason to complain or be disappointed for the Lord has blessed me with everything that I have and all the talents and opportunities that are here and what will come. To be here at Georgia and have met all these people here that have changed my life and have led me closer to God is more than I could have ever imagined.

Plus, God has a plan for me in Track and Field. I know I have this desire and talent in throwing for a reason and that's to bring Glory to God. God didn't put these feelings and desires in me for no reason. So these next 6 months of rehab, after surgery, are just going to be teaching me even more about the Glory of God and giving me more of an opportunity to share God's glory with others.

I thank everyone for their prayers and their hospitality. I'm probably going to be able to get a medical red-shirt for this year so I can compete next season and train here at Georgia. Please keep that in your prayers and also for wisdom in the doctor whom performs the surgery. Thanks again to everyone and I'll be keeping everyone posted throughout everything on this blog. So post any questions or comment and I'll be glad to respond.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I know this is tough for you but your takeing it like the true champ that you are! not to sound "cliche" But really Michelle Im proud of you! I know how it feels too have your hopes crushed or stalled but just like you Said God has a plan and his plans are greater than ours could ever be. You already have so much and are really blessed I know God intends too bless you and develop you even more through this. I love you and know you will be just fine. Ill be praying. By the way its me, Kermit AKA Justin LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bud. You always know what to say to make me know that God cares about every detail.

    I love you too. :D

    ReplyDelete