Pictures

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feelin' a little better everyday

So it's been over a week since I destroyed my knee and I can actually walk without crutches or any other kind of help. I've been walking almost like before and in rehab I've even been riding a bike. I'm loving how quicky everything in my knee is healing and turning out.

I go to rehab everyday in place of my practice and sometimes even twice a day. I'll tell you it's painful sometimes, but it's so great to see the results of the day before. Plus, the physical therapist saying the better everything ends up before the surgery the better everything could end up after it all. So I've been working hard to get as much motion as possible. I think I'm going to start actually adding in some upper body workouts starting Monday as long as my trainer thinks it's all right.

The thing that's been really getting me though is how good I've been feeling emotionally. I was really down at first... as anyone that is so involved with their sport as I am, would be. Yet, God has been doing something in my life. Making me know that it's His plan at work in my life.... Letting me know that He loves me so much and just securing my Faith in His Word. I'm moved so much by the people he has placed in my life and how much support he gives me in my time of need. I have places to go when I'm feeling down and I have people to talk to when I start to falter. He's always there in some form or another and putting me through only what I can handle.

So I was at our big Team United Monthly Meeting tonight, which is when the student-athlete ministry gets together from all the individual bible studies and has worship together. Well, I got an opportunity to speak to everyone there about what I'd been learning through this struggle not being able to compete this season. I'm glad I did. I know God works in mysterious ways and He gave us that extra time I believe for His work through me to reach at least one person there tonight.

I would never think I would be able to get through something like this before it happened, but I guess you never know what you can do until it comes your way. Plus, I know it's God in my life that's changing my attitude everyday and with Him all things are possible.

Oh and for those that don't know... my surgery is on March 18th. I will be getting a new ACL grafted from my hamstring and either a meniscus repair or getting it shaved down. So please pray for the doctor's hands and minds. Also, any words of wisdom would be great. I'm always looking for inspiration and focus from loved ones. Like today my good friend Ty shared with me Isaiah 55:8-9:

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

God's plans are always so much better than anything we could ever dream about doing in our own lives. That's why everything we have and can give should be done to Glorify God's name.

2 comments:

  1. isaiah 55:8 yay!
    and i'm so excited for the strengthening process!
    as God is strengthening your knee, He's strengthening your heart.
    He does work in mysterious, yet completely perfect ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks! He really is opening my eyes to see what I haven't seen before and giving me opportunities that I've also never had before. Thanks again and just keep me in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete